Friday, February 12, 2010

This is just SAD...

It’s official... I have SAD.

That’s right! I am now a SAD’ian. I wish I were lying… I really do.

I’ve been in denial for a while, ignoring all the symptoms that I’ve been exhibiting, but it’s time to face facts, I have SAD and it’s all your fault, International Falls!! I am going to pick up a light box and I better get this as a tax write off!

Seriously though, for the past few weeks I’d been feeling a bit sluggish, my craving for sweets and carbs has intensified, felt like my instructors were beginning to pick up the Charlie Brown sound effect (if you don’t know what I mean…then I have nothing to say to you!) And I can honestly say my patience for stupid people has gone down, drastically.

Hence (I love this word) I decided to talk to someone about it. Well, it’s more like, I decided to bitch ‘n moan to the only person at school who has to listen to me, my advisor!  He told me that I might have SAD. It’s a common thing (ailment?) that occurs during the winter. The lack of Vitamin D (from the lack of sunlight) in our body can cause one to go down this torturous spiral of “blahness.” The cure for this ailment is really quite simple; I just have to stick my head in a light box!

This morning, I hit the snooze button 13 times… I kid you not, 13 times! Then, I had to give pep talks to every muscle in my body all day (to get out of bed, to move during clinical, to eat a donut,  to drive) - I think I’ve reached my limit. Light box, I’m coming for you.

Don’t mind me, I am just being melodramatic. I haven’t had sleep in days and I think it’s finally getting to me.

Again, on a serious note, SAD really is a serious disorder and it can range from mild to severe. Some people can mistake the “winter blahs” for SAD or SAD for the “winter blahs.” Before you start self-diagnosing, do some research and talk to your doctor about it. SAD

I am off to sleep, my bed’s calling my name… well, I think it is. Who is Lisa? J I know, I am corny!

Nite!!

1 comment:

  1. SAD sucks. My winter blues are equally annoying. I started hitting the gym and kinda of feel better. Worth trying.

    ReplyDelete