Sunday, February 28, 2010

Things that make you say, WTF?!!

It’s almost time for my nap and I can’t get my mind to settle down, I just saw the most gut wrenching image ever and now I can’t get the picture out of my head!!

With everything I’ve learned about people, I still can’t understand why people do such evil deeds; Betrayal? Misdirected anger? Gossip? Lies? I get it (do not condone it but if it were to happen, I wouldn’t lose sleep) but to torture and maim another human being is beyond me.

On the Lagos-Benin expressway (this express way is infamous for its armed robbery attacks) a group of armed robbers stopped a bus full of people, robbed them, raped their women and as if the torture wasn’t enough, they ordered the people who didn’t have any money to lay down on the ground then rode the bus over their heads. I can’t stop thinking of what went through the victims minds before they died.

I know people can be mean but this is pure evil… Link to the picture. This image is very graphic!!

As you read this (if you read this) I don’t want you think that this is just something that happens in Africa. Unfortunately, it happens all over the world. The butchering of albinos in East Africa, the serial killers in North America and South America, the slayings in the Middle East… you get where I’m going with this.
This horror just hurts to the core. How does one explain this to their children? There has to be a way to stop these perverse acts. Then again, this has been going on for decades the only difference is we have the internet and it’s making the world so much smaller-its bringing focus on all sorts of “dirty laundry” that countries have been hiding.

Another thought just came to mind… I’d like to have children someday but it seems like things keep getting worse with time. Am I selfish for wanting to bring innocent souls into this crazy messed up world? No joke, I am really asking this question…Any thoughts?!

No comments:

Post a Comment