Tuesday, February 9, 2010

No longer a blog virgin..

It’s taken me about a month to work on my blog. How sad is that? Well, I am determined to make this happen... so here it goes


Close to end of 2009, I found an old journal I’d kept for 4 years (apparently, my entries were not detailed enough) and I was excited to read all I had written… rehash past memories (good and bad), see how far I’d matured over the years. Hell, I was just feeling a bit nostalgic.
Every page I skimmed through made me feel sad, turns out that I’d spent most of my life hating what I saw in the mirror. Every day, I talked about losing weight, being the perfect size, working on every single thing on my body. In doing this, I missed out on enjoying the lessons life had to offer- I stopped seeing the blessings God had given me. No wonder I’d been so angry and so distant from the people that loved me (that’s a story for another time).

So guess what I decided to do? Keep another journal! This time online- I doubt anyone will read it but it will make me feel better and that’s all that counts J
In this blog I plan on sharing all my thoughts... Seriously, all of them... Yes, the stupid thoughts, the mind blowing thoughts (can’t promise much), the angry thoughts, the sad tho… you get my drift.

 I cannot and I will not promise entries free of typos and grammatical errors but I promise to be completely honest. Oh, and have you noticed I love “…” and “!” What can I say? I am odd like that.
With everything I’ve experienced in my twenty ”ehmmm” years on this earth- the heartaches, the wonderful times spent with loved ones, great encounters with strangers, the betrayal from friends and business partners, the financial issues, having to rethink or walk away from dreams (temporarily!), having to start ALL OVER again- I believe I am now officially jaded.

Being jaded isn’t always that bad, some might call it being pessimistic, others might call it being realistic. I say… it’s having a different perspective on life and if you’re lucky you’ve learned your lessons and instead of being bitter, you’ve actually acquired wonderful coping skills.
Well, I have to get some sleep. I plan on putting up a new post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment